[Live-devel] Problems on iPhone when on cell network

Thomas Maier thomas.maier at uni-kassel.de
Thu May 12 09:59:53 PDT 2011

Am 12.05.2011 um 18:16 schrieb Matt Schuckmannn:
> Hi, I've had Live555 working on a iPhone as a RTSP client for some time.
> I have noticed that sometimes on some iPhone's when they are on the cell network I can not connect to the server. When this happens I've always been able to shutdown my app, launch mail or safari to kick the connection into gear and then switch back to my app and things work fine.
> Since my code is just demo prototype stuff I've never really investigated what is going on when it can't connect but perhaps this is a clue.
>
> Matt S.

Hi Matt,

thanks for the hint.  Just tested what you suggested.  Doesn't work for me, unfortunately.  All the other apps work fine on the cell network, even the parts of my own app that are not related to Live555.  It is only when I try to use the part of my app that uses Live555 that I get the error I mentioned:

Unable to determine our source address: This computer has an invalid IP address: 0x0

Thanks, Thomas