[Live-devel] How to specify an rtp client without rtsp

Lackey, Brad Brad.Lackey at schneider-electric.com
Thu May 26 17:56:54 PDT 2011

Hello Everyone!

I've been playing with Live555 for a while now and it seems pretty awesome, good job guys.

By 'playing' I mean I've developed around live555 to send out an rtp stream from a live source (mpeg4, mjpeg, h264, etc) all via rtsp, and it works wonderfully. The problem I'm having is I want to be able to specify a client listening on a certain port and have live555 send a video stream to the specified computer and port WITHOUT having to go through the RTSP process.

So I'm hoping to do the following…
1. Get a computers ip and port where they are listening for rtp packets.
2. I would give live555 the client's ip and port and specify a stream
3. live555 would send send the rtp stream out to the client no questions asked, no need for rtsp
4. happy times =]

Thanks for the help!

Bradley Lackey  |   Pelco by Schneider Electric   |   Buildings Business   |   United States  |   Software Engineer II
Phone: +559.292.1981  |   Toll Free: +800.289.9100