[Live-devel] Question about trickmode with liveMediaserver

YD ydgoo9 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 23:21:59 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I am testing RTSP/RTP with liveMediaserver with MPEG2-TS.
I made index file and the file for trickmode using
testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay.exe

For example, original contents is avatar.ts
index file is avatar.tsx and file for trickplay is avatar2.ts

I am using the VLC and my player for test.
Seek is OK but I cannot do the fast forward.

My question is
1. Is it possible the trickplay on VLC with liveMediaserver ?
2. During normal play(speed 1x), If I send command below,
    Should server send the stream using avatar2.ts not avatar.ts ?

PLAY rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/avatar.ts RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 6
Session: 0000532C
Scale: 2.000000

Thanks in advance,