[Live-devel] Payload attributes

Marlon Reid Marlon at scansoft.co.za
Tue Nov 1 01:38:42 PDT 2011

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already created my own ServerMediaSubsession subclasses for my
application.  One for PCM and one for MP3.  By doing this, the listener
is able to see if it is receiving a PCM stream or a MP3 stream and play
it correctly.  The problem however is that I need to send attributes
along, for example the bits, frequency and channels of the PCM sample so
that the listener knows how to play it.  The bits, frequency and
channels can be changed on the streamer side and this is the information
that I want in the SDPDescription or any other appropriate place.

I guess the main point is if I can put bits, channels and frequency in
the RTP stream so that the listening application can get it out and play
the sample correctly.

I hope that this is more clear.

Marlon Reid

Web: www.scansoft.co.za <http://www.scansoft.co.za/>