[Live-devel] RTSP Server Crash with Milestone Client

Viswanatha Reddy kvishnath at ymail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:38:33 PDT 2011

Dear Ross,
I have developed an (mpeg4)RTSP streamer(server) using live555 libs. It's unicast based on OnDemandServer example module.
Thanks for your priceless contribution to the media community.

The application takes rgb frames from a buffer, encodes it, and passes it to the derived FramedSource module.
I ran without any issues with vlc and mplayer client for weeks together.

The application was now tested with Milestone Client(used Onvif standard to make the Streamer to be seen as a virtual camera by this client).
But it's crashing frequently inside the eventloop.
I thoroughly checked whether it's crashing in my development. It's not. Surely it's crashing at the step of eventloop.
This never happens with vlc/mplayer !!.

Please let me know, if the RTSP Server implementation is client dependent.
Or give me a direction to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance,
K.Viswanatha Reddy,
Bangalore,
India.