[Live-devel] Combining live h.264 and AAC

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 3 07:43:36 PDT 2011

> I'm trying to figure out whether it's possible to produce combined h.264 and AAC
> stream using live555.

Yes, you can do this, using separate RTP streams ('subsessions') within a single media 'session'.

I.e., in your RTSP server, after you've created a "ServerMediaSession" object, you will add *two* separate "ServerMediaSubsession" (subclass) objects: One for your video (H.264) stream; the other for your audio (AAC) stream.

Just make sure that the presentation times for your video and audio frames are 'in sync', and aligned with 'wall clock' time (i.e., times that are generated by "gettimeofday()").