[Live-devel] Inhibit UDP/RTP streaming

Cristiano Belloni belloni at imavis.com
Mon Nov 7 09:41:38 PST 2011

Hi Ross,
I got an RTSP server based on liveMedia, and a problem with some (third
party, black-box) buggy clients that have problems with RTP on UDP
streaming, while they work fine in RTP/TCP.

The problem is that they first request UDP streams to the server, then,
if UDP is not available, they fall back on TCP.

What I wanted to know was if our server could always force the client to
connect in TCP. As far as I know that would imply altering the m= line(s
) in the SDP description, am I correct? Would it be possible to do that
easily in LiveMedia?

Thank you,
Cristiano.
--