[Live-devel] Some question with openRTSP!

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 7 23:43:02 PST 2011

> I have some question with openRTSP.
> I want to play rtsp url, and use the openRTSP , then which vedio stream can i choose?( Need use VLC ? or Live555 have the vedio stream to play RTSP?)
> And how to use the openRTSP?

The "openRTSP" application merely records incoming audio/video data (from a RTSP/RTP stream) into files; it does not decode or 'play' this data at all.

If you want to play such a stream, then just use a media player - such as VLC - and give it the "rtsp://" URL.  You don't need "openRTSP" at all for this.