[Live-devel] about h264 trick play in live555

HilmanKevin kevinhilman at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 01:02:11 PST 2011

hi,everyone

i want to add trick play func for h264.And i know i should add some code on H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp,reload func OnDemandServerMediaSubsession::seekStreamSource.
at beginning,i think i could compute seek position of h264 according to seekNPT parameter.of course, i use file lenghth to get a rough estimate.
then, from the rough estimate ,i search i frame in h264 file
at last ,return the nearest I frame position.(i have a way to get I frame that is "if slice_type ==2 or 7 ,it is i frame")

however,i have some troubles on the ideas:
1,except for seeking file position,which enviroment vars should be cleared for new stream on H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession::seekStreamSource func?
 if no enviroment vars be cleared,could testOnDemandRTSPServer play new stream sucessfully?
2,how to compute fFileDuration for h264,and how to estimate seek position roughly?

thanks for any comment and reply.
if someone have h264 trick play code for live555,could show me a little?

regards