[Live-devel] openRTSP beginner needs help

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 9 22:19:01 PST 2011

> I'm trying to capture a RTSP stream from my internet modem.
> The URL is "rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=202&flavour=hd".
> I can view the stream using VLC but not with openRTSP.
[...]
> Received a complete SETUP response:
> RTSP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error
> Cseq: 4
> Server: fbxrtspd/1.2 Freebox RTSP server
> Public: DESCRIBE, OPTIONS, SETUP, TEARDOWN, PLAY, PAUSE

Only your server manufacturer can explain why it returns "500 Internal Server Error".

However, you noted that you were able to play the stream using VLC.  This suggests that the problem might be that your server does not handle requests to stream using RTP/UDP, but can handle requests to stream using RTP/TCP.  (Note that VLC first tries requesting RTP/UDP, but, if that fails, then tries requesting RTP/TCP.)

So, I suggest adding the "-t" option to "openRTSP", to request RTP/TCP streaming.