[Live-devel] MediaSubsession SDP description to NAL

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Thu Nov 17 14:50:32 PST 2011

I am working with security cameras and 1/3 do not put in the SPS and PPS nal units in the stream and 1/3 are settable and the rest inject it.
VLC puts them in and I took the same tack in my code. When I first start I parse the PPS and SPS nals and store them. Then when I transition from the 1 back to the 5 in my little state machine in my H264Filter, I create a new frame that is {7}{8}{5} and send/save it.  (001 still in front of each nal)

Is that what you guys mean? I use that function Ross mentions.

PS. Ross. Good call on my bye handler. I was losing the subsession pointer in flight because of my class wrapper.
I still have an issue using the environment pointer which I saved in the class.....but I haven't given up yet