[Live-devel] Mpeg surround sound

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Nov 19 07:12:22 PST 2011

> We are interested in RTP encapsulation of AAC 5.1 audio in the context of a European Union funded project. Current version of LIVE 555 does not support that.

Yes we do.  We support both the receiving (using "MPEG4GenericRTPSource") and sending (using "MPEG4GenericRTPSink") of AAC audio RTP streams, using the RTP payload format "audio/MPEG4-GENERIC" defined in RFC 3640.  This should include support for 5.1 audio also.

Why do you think that we don't support this?