[Live-devel] Access violation crash in rtspclient

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Nov 19 12:51:22 PST 2011

> 2 adjustments to the library allow me to tiptoe thru the call stack avoiding accessing destroyed or already deleted members and unwind this stack.

I'll be doing something similar to your first fix (but it most certainly will not be using a "goto" :-)

> This gest me almost all the way out of the stack unwind. But when I return to RTSPClient::playMediaSession after the call to the event loop there is a “delete[] fResultString”

OK, that's your fault.  You're using the synchronous "RTSPClient" interface - which is OK - but you're having your "BYE" handler callback routine delete your "RTSPClient" object while you're in the middle of a synchronous operation.  That's bad (on your part).  (It's weird that you're getting a RTCP "BYE" before you get a response to your RTSP "PLAY" command, but I suppose that's possible...)

What you'll need to do, then, is have your "BYE" handler routine set a Boolean flag (but not actually delete anything then), and have your code test for this flag after it returns from "playMediaSession()".