[Live-devel] WindowsAudioInputDevice_noMixer.hh and unicode

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 21 14:08:58 PST 2011

> I updated to the newest version of live555 and the WindowsAudioInput folder was added.

It was added in July 2003!  You've probably had it all along.  (But you don't have to use it if you don't want to; i.e., if you don't want to read PCM audio input from a Windows sound card.)

> In one of my projects I cannot build because I get the error :       error C2664: 'strncpy' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'WCHAR [32]' to 'const char *'                 c:\Users\jshanab\archiver\src\common\RTSP\WindowsAudioInputDevice\WindowsAudioInputDevice_noMixer.cpp
>

> Obviously UNICODE must be defined for WAVEINCAPS to be set for wide.  How do I get this to work with Unicode. I have seen suggestions online that I must use some MS specific function other than strncpy?

If you find that this is the case, then please let us know, so we can update the code in future releases.  (Because this code - unlike the rest of the code distributed with LIVE555 - is Windows-specific, it's OK to call Windows-specific libraries from it.)