[Live-devel] How can I modify the openRtsp to support multi rtsp ?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 24 05:56:26 PST 2011

>        I was asked to modify the openRtsp to support multi different rtsp. I have build it and run normally on windows xp but have no idea how to modify the source code. I have surfed the office FAQ in the Live555.com but find nothing. Can anyone give me same suggestion?

I presume that by "support multi different rtsp" you mean "support opening multiple "rtsp://" URLs concurrently".  You do this by creating separate "RTSPClient" objects for each "rtsp://" URL.

You can use the existing "openRTSP" code (in "testProgs/playCommon.cpp" and "testProgs/openRTSP.cpp") as a model.

Note, however, the "continueAfter...()" functions (in "testProgs/playCommon.cpp").  The first parameter to these functions is a "RTSPClient*".  In the current code, this first parameter is not used - because there is only one "RTSPClient" object, and it's a global variable.  In your code, however, you will need to use this first parameter; it will point to the particular "RTSPClient" object that the result was for.