[Live-devel] older source archives

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 24 06:15:26 PST 2011

> It seems that at <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public> only the latest source tarball is published. Is there an URL where older tarballs are available?

No, see
	<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#old-versions>
and
	<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#latest-version>

> They are needed especially for maintained distributions (in our case OpenEmbedded[1] related distributions like Ångström[2]), where it is not acceptable to switch to a latest version every few days.

I don't understand.  Nobody is making you switch to the latest version whenever it comes out (although it's a good idea to stay reasonably up-to-date, and it's very easy to do so).  If you are using an older version of the code, then you have it.  Why do you need a web site to access a version of the code that you already have??

It's important to understand that this software - unlike some others - does not have separate 'stable' and 'experimental' releases.  Instead, there's just one release, and it can be considered 'stable'.