[Live-devel] How can I parse the H.264 RTP packets use the live555 streaming media lib

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 26 07:40:29 PDT 2011

>     How can I parse the H.264 RTP packets using the live555 streaming media lib . now I can
>
> receive RTP from our media server. So I want to use live555 streaming media to parse the
>
> H.264 packets and use ffmpeg to parse H.264 Units to RGB.

The "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software doesn't include any decoding (or encoding) software.  The "H264VideoRTPSource" class receives and extracts H.264 NAL units from incoming RTP packets, but it's your job to decode these NAL units.

I.e., you must write your own H.264 decoder class (a subclass of "MediaSink"), and 'play' it (using "startPlaying()") from your "H264VideoRTPSource" object.