[Live-devel] Problem with doEventLoop() in Qt

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 28 13:51:04 PDT 2011

> I'm trying to implement a GUI with QtWidget in order to show video frame from a rtsp camera.
>
> I started from the code of openRTSP and I modified it in order to have c++ classes.
>
> After it runs:
>
> env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop();
>
> it comes back to the "continueAfterOPTIONS" member function. The problem is that all class variables lose their values, probably a problem with memory management.

The problem is more likely to be that you're not using this function correctly.  Note that the "continueAfterOPTIONS()" function (and the other "continueAfter...()" functions) take a "RTSPClient*" as the first parameter.  In the current code, this parameter is not used (because we have only one "RTSPClient" object, which is a global variable "ourRTSPClient").  However, if you want to use this code in your own custom application - where the "RTSPClient" object is not a global variable (or there's more than one "RTSPClient" object) - then you will need to use this first parameter to the "continueAfter...()" functions; it will point to the "RTSPClient" object.