[Live-devel] Backward compatible?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 28 13:59:34 PDT 2011

> I have an Net Streaming application written for 20071031 release.
> I try to update my library to the latest 20111009.

Actually, the latest version of the code is 2011.10.27

> Thing compiled
> (of course there some minor change so it compiled)

I hope you mean that "minor changes" were needed to your application code - not to our library code.  (You should not need to change our library code at all to get it to compile, but if you did find that you needed to change our library code, please let us know.)

> but it failed at running time.
> I try to get older version of library source so I can locate where change make the app stop working.

As we note in the FAQ
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#old-versions
we don't make old versions of the code available.  In any case, because there have a *vast* number of changes (mostly bugfixes and improvements, but fortunately few API changes) since 2007, the old version of the code would be of little use to you.  (You can see from the changelog at <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public/changelog.txt> just how much the code has changed since 2007.)

So, you're just going to have to bite the bullet and dive into your code to figure out why it now "fails at run time".