[Live-devel] Test programs for RTSP streaming over HTTP (Other than Apple iPhone, iPads and Safari)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Oct 30 22:02:47 PDT 2011

>            Ok, now I understand. Regarding the first point, we use the openRTSP test programs to test RTSP tunneling over HTTP using the command :
> openRTSP -T <http-port-num> <rtsp-url>
> As the video is being streamed, how can I play the stream simultaneously rather than waiting till the complete video is streamed and downloaded in ./testProg directory?

If you have a media player application that can take input from 'stdin', then you can run "openRTSP" with the -v option (telling it to write its output to 'stdout'), and then pipe "openRTSP" into your media player application.

Alternatively, you can use a media player application that can do RTSP-over-HTTP itself (so that you don't have to run "openRTSP").  The only one that I know of is VLC, but it currently has a bug that prevents RTSP-over-HTTP from working (at least, on some platforms).