[Live-devel] Regarding MPEG4VideoStreamer code

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Oct 30 23:57:58 PDT 2011

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM, akshay katti <katti.akshay551 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a query,  if user specifies the .mp4 filename

For the last time: We do *not* support streaming from ".mp4" files.  At all.

If you're using "testMPEG4VideoStreamer", you mean ".m4e", not ".mp4".

> including start and end time in the command line. I should stream the data only for the duration specified by the user, one of the task is to create RTSP server and stream out from the file.

Yes, you can do this with "openRTSP", by specifying the start and end time on the command line.

HOWEVER, our server does not support seeking on ".m4e" (MPEG-4 Video Elementary Stream) files, so this will not work with our server.