[Live-devel] How to dispatch media data to multiple sinks?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 31 00:45:48 PDT 2011

> My filter chain look like:
>
> H264VideoRTPSource -> MyFilter -> H264VideoRTPSink.
>
> The reason I use a Filter betweens H264VideoRTPSource and
> H264VideoRTPSink is, I want save the file and send to multiple remote
> player(unicast) simultaneously.
>
> But it seems the H264VideoRTPSink can only work with H264VideoStreamFramer directly in the current source .

That's correct.  The object that feeds into a "H264VideoRTPSink" *must* be a "H264VideoStreamFramer" (or a subclass of this).

One simple way to do what you want is to structure your filter chain as follows:

H264VideoRTPSource -> MyFilter -> H264VideoStreamFramer -> H264VideoRTPSink

Where "MyFilter" is a new filter class - that you would write - that simply copies its input frames to its output, but also writes to your output file.