[Live-devel] Liveness and PassiveServerMediaSubsession

Volker Marks volker.marks at outstanding-solutions.de
Mon Sep 19 02:28:04 PDT 2011

Hi all!

We are sending several H.264- and AAC-Streams using custom frame sources and
PassiveServerMediaSubsession objects.
When using VLC as a client the server keeps the connection (I guess because
VLC periodically calls "GET_PARAMETER").
But when using an openRTSP based client the RTSPServer removes the client
session in "livenessTimeoutTask".

As documented in "PassiveServerMediaSubsession::startStream" no RRHandler is
being installed.
I guess that we have to set one on our own, but I'm not sure where to call
"setRRHandler" or "setSpecificRRHandler" or whether there is a different
approach making more sense.

BTW: Setting "reclamationTestSeconds" to zero is not really an option as we
need to whether (and which) clients are connected.

How do we keep the connection alive?

Thanks in advance
 Volker