[Live-devel] forcing a session to stop

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 3 00:45:38 PDT 2012

> The android RTSP client library has many bugs and issues.
> sometimes it gets stuck during the prepare stage, and there's no way to stop it using its API.
>
> I'd like to stop the server session it is connected to, in order to 'convince' the RTSP client to go away.
> so essentially i'm lookling to do something like:
>   RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession* client = get_the_stuck_client_session();
>   delete client;

Yes, deleting a "RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession" object is the right way to do this.

> well that's the general idea, not the actual code.
> the problem is obviously, that RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession is sort-of an internal class, I didn't find a way to enumerate the currently running sessions, or tell them to stop.

That's right, there's no mechanism built into the supplied code for doing this.  However, this reply (to a similar question last year) should help you:
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2011-June/013446.html