[Live-devel] Video quality at the client

AJ albert.staubin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 07:38:26 PDT 2012

Ross or anyone else who might be able to help,

I have the RTSP server stood up and working pretty well, my only issue now
is that the video that is being received by the client is pixelated pretty
badly.  It is worse when using RTSP over UDP, but it is still bad over
TCP.  I am using VLC as a client and when the server and client are run
locally this issue does not seem to exist.  I thought that switching to TCP
(for more reliable delivery) this issue would be resolved, it cleaned up
some not entirely.  Any suggestions on fixing this issue?

My video is a MPEG2-TS/H264 video.  If anyone has any insight into this
format and what may be wrong with the video data itself that could cause an
issue like this.

Thank you in advance for your help.