[Live-devel] Restarting RTP Session Issue

Ashfaque ashfaque at iwavesystems.com
Thu Apr 5 23:00:28 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,

I am using Live555 for an Intraoral camera streaming application over Wifi. The streaming session need to be started once the camera and the a client device is connected.
But when camera is disconnected during streaming, I will get a event from the driver and I need to restart the whole session again (canceling the thread which are handling the streaming).
When I am canceling and restarting the thread on camera events  I am getting following error message and streaming is not started.

Failed to create RTSP server: bind() error (port number: 8554): Address already in use

I guess the socket is not being closed on thread cancellation.

Please let me know the correct procedure to restart the streaming session and whether does Live555 supports starting/stopping sessions. Are there API’s available?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ashfaque