[Live-devel] Converting H.264 RTP Video to MPEG-2 Transport Stream

陈跃辉 timercrack at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 01:56:00 PDT 2012

Hello Everyone!

I have an application running on iPhone that generates an H.264 RTP
video stream from camera. I wanna writing an application to convert
the received H.264 stream to an MPEG-2 Transport Stream and then
stream the live TS to another device.

my first try is modified the example "testH264VideoToTransportStream"
, use H264VideoRTPSource to receive H.264 RTP stream from VLC, then
try to convert it to TS and send it to another port and I start
another VLC player to play it. but as a matter of fact it won't work.
VLC received the data but do not display anything.
I tried the following setup of live555:

1. H264VideoRTPSource -> H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer ->
MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource -> SimpleRTPSink
2. H264VideoRTPSource -> MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource ->
H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer -> SimpleRTPSink
3. H264VideoRTPSource -> MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource ->
>MPEG2TransportStreamFramer -> SimpleRTPSink

unfortunately neither of them could work :(

I also try back to use FileSink instead of SimpleRTPSink to generate a
Transport Stream file, then play it use VLC, but it has the same
problem as above.

I have little knowledge about H.264 and TS, my question is, what am I
doing / not doing to cause VLC to only receive them but not show
anything? Do you have any suggestions as to what I should check?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Best Regards,
JeffChen