[Live-devel] Live H264 Streaming Timing Problem

Marc ARMSTRONG marc.armstrong at st.com
Tue Apr 10 08:42:00 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm having difficulty streaming live H264 video captured from a PCI Express board. It appears that the data acquisition is too slow for the Live555 streaming application and hence the displayed video (in VLC) is sticky. For the time being I am assuming that the hardware is okay and would like to investigate the possibility that the Live555 application is attempting to grab the data too quickly for the hardware.

Could you tell me how Live555 calculates the time period between calls to ByteStreamFileSource::doReadFromFile() and also where this is implemented in the code.

Also, if Live555 was asking for the data too quickly, would it be possible to slow it down?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Marc.