[Live-devel] Live H264 Streaming Timing Problem

Renato MAURO (Libero) renatomauro at libero.it
Wed Apr 11 16:19:51 PDT 2012

Hello Marc.

    In Windows the ReadFile function reads asynchronously:

1) from a pipe, setting PIPE_NOWAIT via the SetNamedPipeHandleState function (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365787(v=vs.85).aspx);

2) from a file, setting FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED via the CreateFile function (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363858(v=vs.85).aspx); anyway, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156932/en-us for some problems you have to deal with when using this feature (but at the end everything always worked fine for me from disks and serial or USB ports);

3) from a socket, using the usual ReadFile function on a socket handle (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365467(v=vs.85).aspx); but it sounds new for Windows, at least for me: I'll try it one day (please, let me know if it worked for you).

Hope this helps.

    Renato MAURO