[Live-devel] TestMP3Streamer.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 12 00:48:47 PDT 2012

> while I am trying to execute TestMP3Streamer.exe it doesn't find any RTSP Server and goes into following condition and display the message "Failed to create RTSP ...."
>
> if (rtspServer == NULL) {
>     *env << "Failed to create RTSP server: " << env->getResultMsg() << "\n";
>     exit(1);
>   }

The problem here is probably that you do not have permission to start up the server using the default RTSP port number of 554 (because on Unix systems (including Linux), you need to be "root" to do that).

To overcome this, either run the server as "root", or else make it use a different port number - e.g., the 'alternative' RTSP port number: 8554 - by doing:
	rtspServer = RTSPServer::createNew(*env, 8554);
instead of just
	rtspServer = RTSPServer::createNew(*env);