[Live-devel] testRTSPClient heap corruption

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 18 15:36:22 PDT 2012

First, everyone who receives this mailing list as a 'Digest' should heed this advice:

> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of live-devel digest..."

> Attached is the testRTSPClient.cpp that will crash.
>
> If you use this as  a source: rtsp://192.168.1.1:8554/main,
> then you will see heap corruption.

No, sorry, I didn't.

> If you comment out the Medium::close(rtspClient);  on line 398, then it will no longer crash, but you would be leaking a lot of resources.

There should be no problem with that call to "Medium::close(rtspClient)", because - at that point in the code - "rtspClient" should be a valid pointer, to a still-valid "RTSPClient" object.  (Also, the call to "Medium::close(rtspClient)" is done only once, so (as far as I can tell) there's no attempt to delete an already-deleted object.)

So, I don't understand why that call to "Medium::close(rtspClient)" is failing for you.  I'm not ruling out the possibility of a bug in the code, but - if so - it seems to be something that only you are tripping over.  So you're going to have to track down the problem yourself.  Sorry.