[Live-devel] MJPEG -> MKV

Tomasz Kuźma mapedd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 02:39:26 PDT 2012

Hi

i've just started my journey with Live555 library and my first task is quite hard :)

I've got RSTP incoming stream with video in MJPEG format in it.

My job is to save this stream to disk as a mkv file. As far as i know to save some video file to MKV container i can use mkvmerge tool from mkvtoolnix. But the problem here is how to save MJPEG video stream to something compatible with matroska ...

Does live555 have built in support to do such a thing? Does saving it as a MPEG4 will do the job? Does any of the testPrograms from live555 source can do that?

Thanks for any help guys!

Pozdrawiam
Tomek Kuźma