[Live-devel] missed RTP packets when streaming directly from libx264

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 25 08:43:39 PDT 2012

> I'm try to stream live video using X264 and live555. Currently, what I do is: (i) whenever doGetNextFrame() is called, I read a frame from a local YUV file, and encode it into one or multiple NAL units, and (ii) whenever deliverFrame() is called I copy all the NALs to the buffer

This is a mistake.  You should instead be copying ***one NAL unit at a time*** to your downstream object (which should be a "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer").

> fDurationInMicroseconds = 33333.33;

BTW, "fDurationInMicroseconds" is an unsigned integer, not a float.

> But when playing the RTP/RTSP stream using ffplay

I suggest that you first test your stream using "testRTSPClient" (and "openRTSP"), before using a 3rd-party RTSP client.