[Live-devel] FYI: An RTSP/RTP media player client app for iOS (iPhones and iPads)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Aug 1 14:37:08 PDT 2012

A number of people have asked about RTSP/RTP media player client apps for iOS (iPhones and iPads) that could be used to play streams from the LIVE555 RTSP server (and other standards-compliant RTSP/RTP servers, such as network cameras).  FYI,  one that I found today is "GoodPlayer": <http://www.hustmobile.com/goodplayer/>.  Coincidentally, it uses the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" libraries (with libVLC for rendering) for its RTSP client implementation.

There may be other such public apps out there (I know that some people on this mailing list have been working on developing iOS apps, at least for their own use).  If you know of any, feel free to let us know.