[Live-devel] Using RTSP to copy files

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Aug 22 09:14:43 PDT 2012

> I believe that the solution will be to create a custom file source and set fDurationInMicroseconds to zero.

Yes, that would work.  However, because this will cause packets to get sent as quickly as possible (which is what you say you want), then you need to worry about packet loss.  Even if you stream RTP-over-TCP, if you try to stream faster than your underlying network will support, then you will also get data loss (at the sender end, when the sender overflows the OS's buffer for the socket).

That's why what you are suggesting is extremely silly.  Instead, because you want to do file transfer, then you should just use a file transfer utility - e.g., "scp".