[Live-devel] Question about live streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 27 07:44:19 PDT 2012

> I am currently building an Android application designed to stream encoded video (live) from each phone to a different phone, and I play to use Live555 as the server. I read that to support live streaming to edit the OnDemandRTSPServer, as well as make a few other changes. I did said changes and have yet to get it to work. I changed the port, the unicast, the RawUDP Boolean, etc. Is there anyway you can help me to solve this problem?

No, but I do not recommend streaming from a raw UDP input source (note that that will usually work *only* for MPEG Transport Stream data).  Instead, if your encoded video comes from the same computer (phone) that you wish to stream from, then your server should just read directly from the encoder.  See <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput> and <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast>