[Live-devel] Problem! If Matroska file not exist

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 28 00:56:03 PDT 2012

> but, In void MatroskaFileParser::continueParsing() call, the "if (fOnEndFunc != NULL) (*fOnEndFunc)(fOnEndClientData);" will call, then will call "void MatroskaFile::handleEndOfTrackHeaderParsing()", and this time the "fParserForInitialization" is a invalid pointer, delete the invalid pointer will crash.

Unfortunately you're still describing the *symptoms* of an apparent bug, but I'm not seeing the *cause* of the bug.  There are only two possible ways that the "fParserForInitialization" pointer could become invalid:
1/ "handleEndOfTrackHeaderParsing()" is being called on a "MatroskaFile" object after its destructor has already been called, or
2/ Something is (somehow) writing over the "fParserForInitialization" field in (what would otherwise be) a still-valid "MatroskaFile" object.

So I now need to know which of these is happening, and why.