[Live-devel] AAC Strean using live source(Device Source)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 5 08:49:00 PST 2012

> I Want to stream AAC using my live source.But i didn't find any framer for aac.Do i need to implement my own AAC framer?

If your input source object delivers discrete AAC audio frames (i.e., one frame at a time), then you don't need a separate 'framer' object.  (Just make sure that your input source object sets "fPresentationTime" properly (aligned with 'wall clock time'; i.e., the time that you'd get by calling "gettimeofday()"), and also sets "fDurationInMicroseconds" properly.)

The "RTPSink" subclass that you would use for streaming AAC audio is a "MPEG4GenericRTPSink".  (See "liveMedia/ADTSAudioFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp" for an illustration of how to use it to stream AAC.)