[Live-devel] RTP header in an MPEG2-TS

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Dec 6 12:36:32 PST 2012

> Can you please tell me where exactly in testMPEG2TransportReceiver, the RTP headers are extracted? Or where the RTP packets are transmitted to the user without RTP headers?

This is done by the "SimpleRTPSource" class, and, in particular by its parent classes "MultiFramedRTPSource" and "RTPSource".  But you shouldn't have to care about this.

(If you wanted to receive raw-UDP data instead - i.e., packets sent without RTP headers - then you would have used a "BasicUDPSource" instead.)