[Live-devel] How to find the frame size and no of packets sent?

Tarun Batra tbatra18 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 07:09:01 PST 2012

Hello All

Sir i need to find out :-
1) the size of frame size/packet sent out for streaming
2)the no of packets sent out for streaming in a definite interval,interval
will be set by user.

Can i find the no of packets sent out for streaming in a definite interval
using " unsigned packetCount()" function defined in RTPSink.hh ?

Can you tell how can i find the packet size?
I have written my own DeviceSource file and defined the play function as
follows:-

void play() {
  // Open the input file as a 'byte-stream file source':

  fi_params.nFICardFrameSize = TRANSPORT_PACKETS_PER_NETWORK_PACKET *
TRANSPORT_PACKET_SIZE;
  fi_params.pfnGetRTPPayload = GetRTPPayload;
  fi_params.socketNum = videoSink->groupsockBeingUsed().socketNum();

  DeviceParameters temp;

    fileSource = DeviceSourceFICard::createNew(*env, fi_params, temp);
  if (fileSource == NULL) {
    *env << "Unable to open Foresight card as a byte-stream file source\n";
    exit(1);
  }
  FramedSource* videoES = fileSource;

  // Create a framer for the Video Elementary Stream:
  videoSource = MPEG1or2VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::createNew(*env, videoES);
videoSink->startPlaying(*videoSource, afterPlaying, videoSink);
}