[Live-devel] Open only video stream in RTSP proxy

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 28 08:51:59 PST 2012

> Is there a way to open only the video stream from a source when proxying an RTSP stream? That is, my source has both video and audio but I want to proxy only video and avoid the "backend" audio traffic overhead as I am not interested on audio.

You should try the following, in order:
1/ Check whether you can reconfigure your back-end RTSP server to stream only video.
2/ Check whether you can use the 'back-end' "rtsp://" URL (that you give to your proxy) to request that your back-end RTSP server stream only video, using the "a=control:" string specified in the SDP description.  E.g., using your example, try to proxy the "rtsp://" URL:
	rtsp://root:root@192.168.0.74/axis-media/media.amp/trackID=1
(Note that this probably won't work, but is worth trying, just in case.)
3/ (If neither 1 nor 2 works): Modify the code for the function "ProxyServerMediaSession::continueAfterDESCRIBE()", adding the following statement at line 117:
	if (strcmp(mss->mediumName(), "video") != 0) continue;