[Live-devel] Question live555MediaServer

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Fri Dec 28 13:54:15 PST 2012

No direct support, you have to write something, a plugin, but the live555 libraries help a lot!.

I use live555 libraries in a browser plugin written using the FireBreath Cross browser plugin framework.
I am connecting directly to rtsp streams of security cameras as well as our own http.
I also subclassed some of the live555 so that I can create HLS on the fly on my server to serve out HLS to ipad,ios, and droid, but we are moving away from it because the inherent latency is not appropriate for security cameras.