[Live-devel] MPEG4

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Thu Feb 9 17:15:57 PST 2012

I have an application modeled after the newer async openRTSP code. It pulls from IP cameras via RTSP.

This has been working great for H264 but I am having a bit of trouble with the MPEG4.
In debugging I have found that the problem is I get called with a chuck of data that contains 3 or 4 P-VOP's right after the I-VOP. This ends up having all the same presentation timestamp and messes up playback. As far as I understand it, the source is setup to be the MultiFramedRTPSource by the Session Handling code.

Do I need to insert the MPEG4VideoStreamFramer as a filter to data mine the timestamps from the VOP headers?
The subsession expects to be told who the sink is and has it's own source.
I tried :
... if mpeg4
{
framedSource = MPEG4VideoStreamFramer::createNew(*env_,currentSubsession_->readSource());
currentSubsession_->sink->startPlaying(*(framedSource),callbackSubsessionAfterPLAYING, (void*) playHandlerData_);
}

But it just stopped progressing. (Using the MPEG4VideoStreamDescriteFramer made progress but not effect on the timestamps.)

  Jeff Shanab, Manager, Software Engineering
  D 630.633.4515  | C 630.453.7764 | F 630.633.4815  |  jshanab at smartwire.com
  [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: sig4] <https://twitter.com/#!/WindyCityWire>   [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: sig3] <http://www.youtube.com/user/WindyCityWire>   [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: sig2] <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Windy-City-Wire/270745609656461>