[Live-devel] Switching from RTP over UDP to TCP

Kumar Sambhav sambhav at saranyu.in
Mon Feb 13 00:16:45 PST 2012

Hi,

I have a RTSP server running on a machine (Amazon EC2) that has a private IP address and an internet routable public IP address.
When I try to play this stream using VLC  it says "live555 warning. no data received for 10s. Switching to TCP"

One issue i found is SDP was having private IP address.
During SDP creation the getsockname is called to get the ip address which was returning private IP address. I modified this to put public IP address.

After this change clients like ffplay and gstreamer is able to play the stream over UDP but VLC is still not able to play.

From debug prints I see that RTSP Server is sending UDP data till VLC sends a request after 10s to switch to TCP.

Regards,
Sambhav