[Live-devel] How to assign sinks to subsessions

Shaheed Abdol Shaheed at scansoft.co.za
Mon Feb 13 04:33:35 PST 2012

Good afternoon,

This is my first post to this list, and I would like to keep it simple.
I have adapted the playCommon.cpp example program which pulls down RTSP
streams and saves them to disk or stdout. I want to modify the example
to open a single RTSP source, containing multiple subsessions (one audio
one video), and to display the video and play the audio. My current
approach is to iterate through the subsessions of this session, and to
assign a new CAudio/CVideo fileSink to the subsession->sink member. This
causes the video to play for one frame, and the audio to play
continuously. I have read the live555 source more closely and have
noticed that When creating AVIFileSink, it seems that all the data is
sent to the sink, where it is split into audio/video components, is this
the only method to accomplish this, or are there simpler methods?

I have done the due debugging work and can confirm that the "after
getting" function is called frequently for the audio sink, as a
side-effect of the SDP description, first the video sink is created,
then the audio. All the functions succeed to the point where we have
gotten the first frame from the video sink (I can see this in my Decoder
"filter", which is handed input data and successfully decodes the first
frame). I am at wits' end with this problem, since the library supports
what I want - tested by connecting to the RTSP source with VLC.

Thank you for your time
Regards

Shaheed Abdol

Web: www.scansoft.co.za <http://www.scansoft.co.za/>