[Live-devel] what's mean of this sentence?

Nikola Kolarovic nikola.kolarovic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 02:41:14 PST 2012

Hi Ross,

I have found out that Live555 uses TTL 0 multicast message in order to find
its own IP address.

Solution like that might sound dubious, but there must be a reasonable
explanation for such an implementation.
Network configurations? Portability? Although it seems that it creates more
problems (on some network configurations, including mine).

I just switched to usual IP query, and the RTSP startup procedure works
well now, and faster than the previous solution.

Can you elaborate on this method (TTL 0 multicast msg)?

Thank you very much,
Nikola