[Live-devel] odd port number for transport stream over UDP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 20 17:17:29 PST 2012

> To get around the problem, I hacked initiate() to avoid changing the port number when fProtocolName is UDP, I added the diff to the end of this message.  I don't have a very deep understanding of this code base, maybe this was the wrong approach, but this patch met my immediate needs.  I'm guessing my case here is either fairly obscure or I missed a better way of dealing with this.

Thanks for the note.  Yes, your case is somewhat obscure (and I hope that your network doesn't reorder packets, because - without RTP - you won't be able to handle this properly).  If you have any control over your server, you should consider fixing it so that it uses RTP (and with an even-numbered port) rather than raw-UDP.

Nonetheless, I'll update this code in a future release of the software to do something similar.