[Live-devel] Live switch of audio codec

liquidl at email.com liquidl at email.com
Mon Feb 20 18:32:04 PST 2012

Hi,
I was wondering if it's possible to switch audio codecs during live streaming.  For instance, if I am streaming AAC then to switch to MP3 without stopping.  I searched the list and you recommend switching the source, so basically change the audio source from AAC to MP3 without getting rtsp server involved at all.

I can see that the source switching would work if the codecs are the same but if I want to switch between completely different codecs at the source encoding point, would it work?
Any tips to get it working would be apppreciated.

Thanks.

PS: thanks for your earlier info about accessing RR packets, I got that working with your tip.