[Live-devel] Non blocking read in ByteStreamFileSource

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 27 23:31:37 PST 2012

> I am using Linux.

Good.

> Before going to read function, the program blocks at ByteStreamFileSource::createNew when it tries to do OpenInputFile on a pipe.

OK, now you're talking about something else.  Beforehand, you were talking about reading from a pipe - which is done (in your case) using "read()", is called from the event loop (only when data is available to be read), and should not block.

Now, you seem to be talking about *opening* the pipe, which is done using "OpenInputFile()", which is implemented as a call to "fopen()".  I don't know why that would block, however...