[Live-devel] Non blocking read in ByteStreamFileSource

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 28 00:55:12 PST 2012

> Then figured out that blocking is happening at fopen.
>
> alternative to fopen, open() can  be used to open a PIPE  in non-blocking mode.
> open("name" ,O_RDONLY | O_NONBLOCK)

If you want to do this, then I suggest that you subclass "ByteStreamFileSource", and define a new function "yourByteStreamFileSourceSubclass::createNew()" that works the same as "ByteStreamFileSource::createNew()", except for how it creates the FID that ends up getting passed to the "ByteStreamFileSource" constructor.